Email Your Families With Distribution Lists
Use Veracross distribution lists to email your students and parents. A distribution list is simply an email address that you use that processes your email through Veracross and sends to everyone on the given list. All classes have a list for students and one for parents. Please use them instead of emailing students individually. There are a few things to note about them:
- Use your regular email program (Mac Mail, Gmail online, etc.), but you need to send the email from your @newhopetutorials.org email address. If you accidentally send it from another address, it will bounce back to you.
- Emails sent this way show up in Parent Portals in a list of messages they've been sent, so it is a nice "backup" if a parent doesn't get your email.
- Sometimes emails sent this way can get shunted to spam/junk, so please check back with parents the first couple of times (request a "got it" reply) to make sure they get it.
To Find Your Class's Distribution List
- Log onto your Teacher Portal and click "Programs" to see your class list.
- Hover over the "Contact" link next to your class and note that there is an option to "Email Parents" and "Email Students."
- If you have screen tips enabled in your browser, note that the email address shows up at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the link to start a new email
Right-click (ctrl-click) to copy the email and then paste it in the "to" field of your email.
Some things to note about these lists:
- If you want to email both parents and students, you need to use both lists on one email.
- Once you've sent an email this way once, it is recommended that you create an address book contact for Students and Parents so you can send emails straightway next time.