Communicating Class Cancellations to Families
There are occasions when New Hope has to close due to inclement weather, or a tutor has to cancel a class. Please be in the habit of checking your email and mobile phone before heading out on New Hope days.
When New Hope Closes
We will communicate with families at the earliest possible time, but sometimes decisions have to be delayed until the morning of classes if the weather could go either way. When New Hope closes, families and staff will receive notices in the following ways:
- Email sent to all families and staff potentially affected.
- Text message. This is a new feature for 2016-17 -- make sure your mobile numbers are up to date via your portal. See article on updating your info.
- A banner notice at the top of our website.
- A notice on our public Facebook page. Make sure you "like" it so it shows up in your feed.
- A notice online at CBS Boston's school closings page.
When a Tutor Cancels a Class
If a tutor is sick or otherwise needs to cancel a class less than 24 hours in advance, families will be notified in the following ways:
- Email sent from the tutor to parents and students, cc'd to leadership.
- Text message. Make sure your mobile numbers are up to date on your portal!
NB: Phone calls and phone chains will no longer be used as regular methods of communicating last-minute cancellations!