New Hope Tutorials, Inc., is a non-profit educational ministry which enables families to maintain a home-based education through the upper grades. By providing expert instruction in small-group settings, New Hope partners with parents and students in meeting the increasing demands of their curriculum. As an educational model, New Hope affirms that home and family are the ideal agents of socialization and learning and the context within which the healthy spiritual, moral, and intellectual development of young people is best achieved.
Who We Are
Since 1999, New Hope Tutorials has provided high-quality small-group education for middle and high school homeschooling students on Boston's North Shore and beyond. We offer full-year courses in a variety of disciplines, as well as 6-12-week workshops. We have 110+ full-year families and 35+ workshop families, all meeting throughout the week at our campus in Boxford. Our middle school program runs on Mondays and Thursdays, high school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Workshops (for younger children ages 8 to 10) are offered mostly on Mondays.
What makes New Hope Unique?
What makes New Hope a distinctive educational option? New Hope...
- affirms parents as the primary educators of their children. We exist to enable parents to continue home schooling through middle school and high school.
- believes that the primary locus for home schoolers is in the home. We intentionally do not replace the home environment for education by having at most three contact hours per week in each course.
- offers year long courses, short courses, and workshops based on need. We constantly survey the needs and desires of our community and adjust over the long term to meet the actual and changing needs of our families.
- offers significant autonomy to instructors. Many of our instructors create their own courses and use innovative pedagogy particularly well-suited to our small-group environment.
- is rooted in the broadly ecumenical Nicene Christian tradition. Our instructors and staff come from a variety of Christian traditions, upholding "the faith once delivered" as articulated in the Nicene Creed, and operate within a generous and ecumenical orthodoxy.
Our Statement of Faith
Recognizing the diversity of Christian expression and traditions, New Hope Tutorials, Inc. is intentionally ecumenical and strives to recognize and promote areas of agreement for all Christians (also see our mission statement). To ensure that the Christ revealed in Scripture is the foundation of our educational philosophy, that His Kingdom remains the ground of our proclamation and our faith, and to affirm the common heritage of all denominations, New Hope has chosen to adopt as its statement of faith the Nicene Creed. Distinctive doctrines beyond the scope of this creed fall within the realm of parental and pastoral guidance and will not be promoted by New Hope or its instructors.
New Hope requires that all its instructors, administrators and board members affirm their belief in this statement of biblical faith and see Christ as the foundation for all teaching and the single criterion for Truth. New Hope does not require registering families to adhere to the statements of faith embodied in this creed; however, such families should be aware that instructors will teach from a decidedly Christian perspective and are encouraged to share their faith with their students.